Tuesday, May 13, 2014

17th Week - Final Evaluation and Moving on...

We completed my final evaluation this week, and it turned out very well! I made an "A" in my student teaching experience, with which I am very happy. Mr. Long seems to be happy with the results as well.

Anyhow, I had an interview at Mountain View High School with both Mountain View High School and Thompson Valley High School. The Principals were both there and the heads of the business departments. The interview didn't go as well as I would have liked, but it didn't seem like a good fit anyway. The high schools at Thompson Valley School District are changing their schedules to a full class schedule on Monday, Tuesday, and Friday with block days on Wednesday and Thursday. I wasn't very excited about going back and forth between the two schools throughout the year. I really wanted to be in a place and stay there. The interview itself was very stuffy as well. I didn't get a very good vibe from it. I didn't get the job, and that's okay.

I was called later in the week from Rocky Mountain High School's assistant principal, and we set up an interview for Friday of last week. This interview was fun. It was relaxing, and the questions weren't stuffy or difficult to answer. It was more of a "getting-to-know-you" session, and I really liked all the people there. Long story short, it seemed like a good fit. The drawback is that it is only a semester job. They don't know if this job will turn into more than one semester or not. They won't know until October if the job will open up for the following semester.

At Front Range Community College, I finished up the Spring semester with my two classes taking finals and completing their projects. Now, to finish grades and write my lessons learned from the semester. It was a good semester overall. I had a great group of students, and I'm looking forward to this summer. I really love teaching these classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment