Tuesday, April 22, 2014

An Inspiring Video About WHY?

My seminar teacher showed the following video in our final seminar last night. It really hit home for me in finding purpose with what I'm doing. One of the popular interview questions is, "Why do you want to be a teacher?" So, I sat back and asked myself, "Why do I want to be a teacher?" My answer, while simple, is always the same: I want to help people to find their best self. Really, this has been my purpose for a long time now, but teaching has been the most direct method of reaching this purpose or intention. As a teacher, I have an opportunity to help students to learn about business, economics, computers, and marketing. These subjects can help students to discover a clear path for themselves and their future. Whether they go on to get jobs or careers just out of high school or if they go on to college, it is my intention to help these students find their best self through discovery and inquiry and education.


No comments:

Post a Comment