Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Spring Break 2014

I wanted to share a few pictures from Spring Break 2014 on our trip back to our home state, Texas! Spring Break is meant to be a time to refresh and renew as we finish off the semester. For me and my family, it was refreshing, and it was also challenging. With limited funds, we drove to Texas, which meant hours in the car driving across the desolate Kansas and Oklahoma landscape. We were able to spend time with family and even get in some play time at the parks, farms, and beaches around Houston. Now back at school, I'm feeling a bit tired, but it is good to know that this is the mid-point of the semester, and it's all downhill from here.
Playing at the Park

Picking Strawberries
There's a local farm in my hometown that allows strawberry picking now. We went out there and picked a whole bucket of strawberries with our daughter and my mother. These are the best kind of memories.

Grandma is helping

Riding the Ferry Boat
It was always so much fun for me and my sister as kids to ride the ferry boat across the bay from Galveston to Bolivar Island. We usually go on the ferry boat when we go to Texas, and this time, our daughter loved it! She could look for porpoises, see the waves, and enjoy the birds.
Playing at the Beach
The beach was the best part. I wasn't sure if our daughter enjoyed the beach or not, but she would get knocked down by a wave and get up laughing every time. Each time, I thought she might start crying, but she always looked up laughing. She looked for seashells and jumped waves. She still asks for the beach when we show her the pictures or mention it.

The Family having fun
While Spring Break wasn't completely ideal in that we had to drive everywhere we went, and it was a long and arduous journey, we did it as a family, and we have some good memories to take with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment